Monday, November 19, 2012

Celebrate!

The end of the year is just around the corner. At first, it’s easy to think about all the stars I’m still shooting for, but when I take a moment and think of all the great things that happened in 2012, I realize there were many accomplishments to celebrate.

The year kicked off with the release of my rhyming picture book, Cindy Moo, illustrated by wonderful Jeff Mack. Not only did he do a great job of capturing Cindy Moo’s udderly moo-velous lunar journey, his imagery became a delightful feature of my redesigned website at www.lorimortensen.com, the next notable accomplishment of the year. After putting together my own website for the past five years, I realized it was time to turn this important task over to an expert. After much searching, I found Donna Farrell at www.donnadoodles.com, who gave my website a much needed make-over. I’m tickled with the result.

Next, was the creation of three book trailers, two as a collaboration between my son and me, and one by yours truly. I’m so pleased that we tackled this fun project and learned so much along the way. Now that I’m a YouTube aficionado, I’m always tickled when someone goes to my links, likes them, and adds a positive comment. (Wouldyou? Wouldyou? :-) 



This year was also a year of SCBWI presentations, and book signing events at Barnes & Noble in Citrus Heights, and Face in a Book, in El Dorado Hills. I was thrilled to share my writing journey with so many others who also share my passion for writing for children and read Cindy Moo to eager listeners. (http://lorimortensen.com/Events.html)  


The most exciting news of 2012, however, was the sale of my rhyming picture book Mousequerade Ball to Bloomsbury. Talks are in the works for an illustrator, so I’ll post more news as details fall into place.

On a personal note, I’m terribly pleased that I’ve stuck to my WeightWatcher plan and kept off the 34 pounds I dropped in 2011. Such a difference! And I’m loving all the fruits and vegetables I’d neglected for so long.

So that’s 2012. All in all, a great year. Here’s to the wonders and surprises of 2013, including my new rhyming picture book release Cowpoke Clyde & Dirty Dawg with Clarion. More news on that next year!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a wonderful year - and it's not over yet. Who knows what other good news may come your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jeanette. Yes--more good news could come my way. I'll be waiting! :-)

    ReplyDelete